IRA Gifts: A Tax-Wise Way to Support the Franciscans
Supporting the Franciscans
There are many benefits of making IRA gifts to the Franciscans. With an IRA gift, you can:
• Transfer up to $100,000 tax-free, so 100% of your gift can be used to help those in need.
• Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) if you are 72 years or older.
• Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions.
• Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts.
• Further the work of our friars and ministries in sharing the Franciscan spirit.
To make an IRA gift (also known as an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution):
1. Contact your IRA plan administrator to request a gift be made to the Franciscans.
2. Your plan administrator will make a direct transfer to the Province of St. John the Baptist.
3. Please note that IRA gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
4. Please contact us to let us know of your gift and if you have a specific purpose in mind.
CLICK HERE to download a sample letter you can send to your IRA plan administrator.
If you'd like more information, contact Friar Works Co-Director Colleen Cushard at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in: Estate Planning